The Emergency Winter Shelter program has been developed by an Emergency Winter Shelter committee of the Homelessness COAD Task Force. COAD stands for Community Organizations Active in Disaster, community-based coalitions that work in conjunction with the Missoula County Office of Emergency Management. The committee is made up of representatives of these agencies:
- Missoula Emergency Services, Inc.
- Poverello Center, Inc.
- City of Missoula, including the Missoula Police Department and Missoula Fire Department
- Open Aid Alliance
- Hope Rescue Mission
- Providence St. Patrick Hospital
- Winds of Change Mental Health Center
- Missoula County
- Human Resource Council
- Missoula City-County Health Department
You can learn more about what we're doing to address homelessness in Missoula's 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness.